Not sure what the opposite of a bucket list is…but I’m thinking about it a lot. During the course of a lifetime one does a lot of things and I find it rather pointless conjuring up a list of things not-yet-achieved when there are so many things out there that we are glad never to have done or may have done, by mistake, and know they are not experiences to be repeated.
I don’t ever want to:
1. Face my fears (eg fear of heights). Fear is your body telling yourself something, why would you fight it?
2. Indulge in any team-based sports event – EVER!
3. Climb a rope (I recognised this when it was suggested it would be a useful thing to learn, aged 10) “useful”? for whom? for what? I have never had occasion to regret this lack of knowledge and suspect I never will…same applies to wall bars and vaulting horse
4. Wear a long dress, heels and be required to ballroom dance
5. Eat insects, road kill or anything spiny
6. Do any sort of needlework or handicrafts
7. Go camping and/or attend any outdoor music “festival”
8. Say no when I really meant yes – I mean yes all the time now
9. Do anything because I “ought” to
10. Decorate in neutral tones or use louvre doors in my home.
*I was going to put have a tattoo – but tattooed eyebrows are starting to look quite attractive these days
These are the first 10 things that spring to mind – I am sure I will think up others as I mull it over…so I may return to this topic and expand the list