Whilst my cupboard is not exactly bare (that would just be too scary!) – new supplies are coming my way later this morning. Patrick in the Ocado Apple van will be arriving before too long with a new selection of goodies for New Year’s Eve….and beyond!
I thought that this would be a good time to do a bit of an end of year catch up on blog threads that may seem to have been left dangling.
- My nails (following the nail bar experience) are doing OK and remain unbitten
- I have thought of many more things that I don’t want to do before I die but may blog about this separately. However, I cannot believe that I forgot to mention my bête noir in my first list – “fruit teas”. These beasties can really catch you out. They can sound quite interesting (even when you know better) BUT neither taste of any fruit I have ever encountered nor have any tea content – so what’s that all about? I have smelled more varieties than I have tasted as I cannot understand why you would want to taste after inhaling the smell….If I never encounter another “fruit tea” it will be too soon!
- I did seriously contemplate the eyebrow tattoo for perfectly shaped eyebrows…but somehow I just knew that my own eyebrows would grow back quicker than any other hair…and in a different style & direction to the “perfect” version. This would not have been a good look
- My hair has started to grow, or at least there is a fuzzy felt covering on my head which is promising (especially as it is dark in colour). I understand that it may still take some time…so more waiting. “April” the wig, my alter ego, remains unworn, sitting on her stand in our spare bedroom to entertain guests.
- My back isn’t better. In fact it is feeling more painful since the chemo stopped. I continue to do the daily exercises in the hope that I can keep this particular medical issue at bay.
- Eyes are working, even if not as well as before. I have appointments at 3 different clinics at Eye Hospital in the coming month so may find out what is going on…or hopefully, what’s not going on!
I am sure there are other unfinished stories to be completed but I still only have a partially functional brain so have either forgotten them or don’t yet know what will happen next…Just as well eh?