Whoo-hoo – I have had my last medical intervention before the big day….dental work done, stitches out so I am almost oven-ready (as it were). Lots of last minute preparations for Monday. I have my orders, for Sunday evening – I need to “become” (?) as “sterile” as possible before I arrive at hospital the next day…showering, hair-washing, clean “nightie” (mimed in a Miranda Hart kind of way), clean bedclothes before bed and repeat during night if I can’t sleep…I wasn’t worried about not sleeping before that suggestion…. And no mention made of either Stuart or cats – is the assumption that I won’t go near them or is it that they couldn’t possibly mind the night-long Lady Macbeth diversions? Who knows? Not sure our car is the most sterile of environments either, but I’m not going to over-fret about sterility!
Instead…I have created my own list of worries:
- The state of the fridge…but….all things being equal Steve in the raspberry van will visit on Saturday morning and re-stock.
- How long will my Kindle battery hold out whilst in hospital?
- What if my “nightie” is not a “nightie”?
- All the washing that will be created by the umpteen bed linen changes – just before I go AWOL
- When will I be home again?
- When will I be fit enough to blog?
I can’t pretend that there is not a level of anxiety about being cut open and re-designed but I don’t think that anything can be worse than chemo, and I managed that, so bring it on! What could possibly go wrong?….