Monday finds me in Acronym City…I have been on its fringes for ages as I mull over what planning ahead actually means. There aren’t many days when I “forget” but some days inevitably better than others. I have dipped my toes in this forward thinking several times but then scampered (?) away but today I was pushed (in the nicest possible way)! So….
- I have setup my DNACPR wishes
- and started to fill in my ADRT
- Thank goodness I already have my POA done and dusted
For the non-cognoscenti
- DNACPR = Do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- ADRT = Advance decision to refuse treatment
- POA = Power of attorney
and now I am going to have a G&T because I know what that is…and I like it!