Blue Monday tomorrow – apparently the most depressing day of the year, “birthed” by a PR company only 10 years ago…and how depressing is that? Why would anyone create such an excuse to puff people up for sadness?
Maybe a day to think outside the blue box we are being corralled into
- Klein blue – what could be more uplifting than this monochrome?
- Memphis Blues – how can you not smile and dissolve into your own world, let Blue Monday look after itself…
- Blue Moon – unpredictable and effectively an “added extra” – how can a new moon be a source of sadness?
- Blue Ridge Mountains – in my current favourite area of US & of course subject of a Dolly Parton song – gotta smile
- blues and twos/Blue Peter/blue rinses/blu-tack and…enough blue to make a sailor a pair of trousers have got to make you chortle at being British
…and so I shall drift nonchalantly in and out of Blue Monday continuing to walk the tightrope between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
“Blue, here is a shell for you
Inside you’ll hear a sigh
A foggy lullaby
There is your song from me”