Having spent the past couple of weeks telling others to focus on what they can do rather than what they have lost, I find myself backed into a corner and having to look at my own situation:
- Drive again
- Detach (or semi-detach) from hospital
- Potter in my garden
- Sit in the sunshine
- Enjoy company
- Discover what makes (the new me) happy
- Travel (sensibly)
- Have long and funky fingernails
- Brush my hair
- Get through my GoodReads target for this year (as you can see 59 read, to date, from a target of 75)
- dance in the light of the moon, as if nobody is watching, as if everybody is watching!
but I am also thinking I can:
- Forget what I am up against and do too much
- Take on the world
- Say yes to anything (maybe these first 3 are the same?)
- Reduce medication
- Travel (foolishly….?)
…but sadly I can’t, but it’s been fun trying! AND – how terrible is sleeping from 10pm one night to 5pm the next day?
I am trying not to fret about the stuff I have lost and find other ways to do things or find new things to embrace
I have 3 goals (that I consider do-able) on the horizon for this year.
- I originally had the first on my 1991 “to do” list
- The second is an unexpected going back. A gathering forged from tragedy
- The third has been on my “forever” wishlist
and also daring to dream about 2017. Not sharing yet. Will if I accomplish.